Learn how to play music in Skype and other VoIP programs by following these simple steps.
Checkout this video:
How to download and install Skype
Before you can start playing music in Skype, you need to download and install the program. Fortunately, this is a relatively simple process that just requires a few clicks of the mouse.
1. Go to the Skype website. You can find the Skype website at www.skype.com.
2. Click on the “Download” button. This button is located in the middle of the screen.
3. Choose your operating system. Skype is available for both Windows and Mac computers.
4. Click on the “Download” button again. This will start the download process for Skype.
5. Install Skype on your computer following the instructions on screen. Once Skype is installed on your computer, you will be able to start using it to play music for your friends and family members who are also using the program
How to create a Skype account
In order to play music in Skype, you first need to create a Skype account. You can do this by visiting the Skype website and clicking on the “Create an account” button. After entering your personal information, you will need to enter a credit card or PayPal account in order to pay for your subscription.
Once you have created your account, you will need to download and install the Skype software onto your computer. Once the software is installed, you will need to launch the application and sign into your account.
Once you are signed into your Skype account, you can begin searching for music that you want to play. To do this, you will need to click on the “Music” tab at the top of the screen. From here, you can browse by genre, artist, or album. Once you have found a song that you want to play, simply click on it and it will begin playing in Skype.
How to add contacts on Skype
It’s easy to add contacts on Skype. In the main Skype window, click on the Contacts tab, then click on the Add a Contact icon. You can also find this option under the Actions menu.
In the Add a Contact window, you can search for your friend by their Skype Name, email address or phone number. If they’re already using Skype, you’ll see their profile picture and their current status next to their name.
If they’re not yet using Skype, you can still add them as a contact and we’ll notify them next time they sign in that you’d like to connect.
How to make a call on Skype
Whether you’re using Skype to keep in touch with family and friends or for business purposes, making a call is easy. All you need is an internet connection and either a computer with Skype installed or the Skype app on your mobile or tablet.
To make a call on Skype:
-Open Skype and sign in.
-Click the Contacts tab.
-Click the name of the person you want to call, then click the audio or video icon.
-If it’s your first time calling this person, you’ll need to grant Skype permission to access your microphone and camera.
You can also make a group call on Skype. To do this:
-Open Skype and sign in.
-Click the Contacts tab.
-Click New Conversation, then click New Group Conversation.
-Select the contacts you want to add to the call, then click Add to Conversation.
-When everyone has joined, click the audio or video icon to start the call.
How to play music in Skype
If you are having a hard time understanding how to play music in Skype, you are not the only one. This process can be a little confusing, but it is actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. Here is a step by step guide on how to play music in Skype:
1) The first thing that you need to do is make sure that you have the latest version of Skype installed on your computer. You can do this by going to the Skype website and downloading the most recent version.
2) Once you have the latest version of Skype installed, open up the program and log into your account.
3) Now that you are logged into your account, click on the “Contacts” tab at the top of the screen.
4) Find the contact that you want to chat with and double click on their name. This will open up a new window where you can chat with them.
5) In the new chat window, there will be a field where you can type in messages. Beneath this field, there is a small icon that looks like a speaker. Click on this icon and it will open up a new window where you can choose what music to play.
6) In the new window, there will be a list of all of the songs that are currently in your iTunes library. Select the song that you want to play and then click on the “Play” button. The song will begin playing in your chat window and your contact will be able to hear it as well.
How to share music in Skype
In order to share music in Skype, you need to have the Skype desktop app installed on your computer. You can find the download link here. Once you have installed Skype, follow these steps:
1. Open the Skype app and sign in.
2. Click on the plus icon at the bottom of your screen and select “Share music.”
3. A popup window will appear with a list of your computer’s audio sources. Select the audio source you want to share and click “Share.”
4. Your music will now be playing in Skype!
How to record a Skype call
Whether you’re interviewing a remote job candidate or catching up with grandma, recording your Skype calls can be a useful way to keep a audio or video record of the conversation. You can use the native Skype application on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android devices to record both video and audio Skype calls.
How to change your Skype settings
Whether you’re in a call or not, you can change your Skype settings at any time. To do so, click the gear icon in the top right corner of your Skype window and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
In the “General” tab, you can change your name, language, location, and time zone. You can also choose whether to start Skype when you turn on your computer.
In the “Privacy” tab, you can control who can see your online status and who can contact you. You can also block or unblock contacts here.
In the “Notifications” tab, you can choose how and when you want to be notified about new messages and calls. You can also enable notification sounds here.
In the “Audio & Video” tab, you can adjust your microphone and speaker settings. You can also choose whether to enable video calling here.
Finally, in the “Advanced” tab, you can change more technical settings like proxy server information and call forwarding options.”
How to troubleshoot Skype
If you can’t hear music played back in Skype, there are a few things you can check to try and fix the problem.
First, make sure that your computer’s sound is turned up and not muted. You can do this by clicking the speaker icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. If the speaker icon has a line through it, that means your sound is muted.
If your sound is not muted, try increasing the volume by clicking the speaker icon and dragging the slider up.
If you’re still having trouble hearing music playback in Skype, it’s possible that there’s an issue with your audio device. To check this, open Skype and go to Tools > Options > Audio Settings. From here, you can select your microphone and speakers and test them to see if they’re working properly.
If you’re still having trouble after trying all of these steps, contact Skype customer service for further assistance.
How to delete your Skype account
Here’s how to delete your Skype account:
Open Skype and sign in.
Click your profile picture.
Click Settings .
Under “General,” click Close my account.
A page will open with information about closing your account. Click the red Close account button at the bottom.